New Year’s resolutions. Nearly everyone has one. We all start off with the best of intentions. Some will fall short while others reach their goals. Most New Year’s resolutions are for health and fitness, careers and savings. But why not make a resolution for home ownership in 2011. Interest rates are expected to remain low in the first quarter. There are still great deals with short sales and foreclosures. Bank loans with as little as 3% down are still available. Let’s face it, there is no better time to start shopping for a new home. While some home buyers will find homes right away others can take several months to locate a home that’s just right for them. With any New Year’s resolutions it is important to set your goals and create a list of things that will need to be accomplished in order for you to obtain home ownership.
- First consult a financial planner. Find out if home ownership is right for you.
- Consult a lending institution and get prequalified for a home loan.
- Interview and retain a professional Realtor that specializes in the area that you wish to live
- Create a detailed list of your wants, needs and desires for your new home.
- Once you have selected the home and have place an offer, it’s time to hire your home inspector.
- Following your home inspection, you may need to make adjustments to your offer based on the inspectors findings.
- The next thing is to close escrow and enjoy your new home.
Congratulations on successfully completing your New Year’s resolution.